Per Capita

Per Capita Contact


Post Office Box 338
Phone: (520) 562-5222
Sacaton, Arizona 85147
Toll Free: 1-(866)-416-2618
E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Fax: (520) 562-9689

Per Capita Office is located in the finance wing of the Governance Center in Sacaton, Arizona

Per Capita Information


Receipt of per capita payments is not mandatory; it is available to you if you want to receive it. You will be able to apply for per capita distribution with the Per Capita Application Packet. A Per Capita Office has been established so you can be informed on all updates regarding per capita.
Please read the Per Capita Fact Sheet of this packet and the Per Capita Application Instructions carefully, as they contain important information that will help you apply successfully.
Applications are also available at the Per Capita Office or by mail by simply contacting the Per Capita Office to have one mailed to you.

PCO = Per Capita Office


Application Deadline

Payment Date

March 15 April 30
June 15 July 31
September 15 October 31
December 15 January 31
*If either the application deadline or the payment date falls on a holiday or weekend, such deadline or payment will be effective on the next business day following the date noted above.

New applications – you can apply in person at the Per Capita Office, send by mail, or use the Governance Center drop box. (You can apply if you will be 18 years old by the Payment Date , even if you are 17 years old at the time you apply. The Application deadline still applies.)

Updates - on per capita payment method, name, and address.

Per Capita Power of Attorney forms – forms must be notarized by the Application Deadline in order to pick up the check on the Payment Date.

All address changes are handled by the GRIC Enrollment Department (520) 562-9790. (Chase pay card customers only – after Enrollment address change, contact the PCO for additional updates.)

PCO is open for all per capita and minor trust questions and forms.


Check Stubs: Please keep your earnings statement (check stub) on file for income verification (required when you apply with any tribal, state, or federal assistance program).
W-9 Form: If you mailed us your application or used the drop box, and do not have a W-9 form in your per capita file, please fill out and sign a W-9 form, and return it to the PCO.
Per Capita Power of Attorney (POA): This per capita form is valid for one (1) year from the date of notary. If needed beyond one year, the Principal must submit a new POA.
Notary: On forms that need notarization, make sure your signature date is the same as the notary’s date.
Fax: Per office policy, incoming or outgoing FAX is not allowed. Original documents must be sent by mail or dropped off at the Governance Center drop box.
Forms: All forms available on the Community website:


This trust fund is different than the Docket trust handled by the BIA Office of Special Trustees.Eligibility - child needs to be enrolled with the GRIC Enrollment Department. You do not need to turn in an application. Please make sure your child’s address at the Enrollment Dept. is current.Trust account is set up as a future investment for your child.


Providence First Trust Co. (GRIC trust administrator)

(800) 350-0208 or (480) 282-8812 -- GRIC member lines

7501 E. McCormick Pkwy., C-101Scottsdale, AZ 85258


Only when special needs arise for the health, education, or welfare of your child; not for the needs of the parents or the household.
If no other tribal, state, or federal agency will pay the expense;if applying, send forms (2) to Providence First Trust. They must be at the Providence offices by the last day of the calendar quarter. If approved, checks are mailed by the 15th of the following month (subject to change).
Forms and instructions available on the per capita website (, the Per Capita Office, or through Providence First Trust.
Minors Turning 18 Years Old

A) Applying for Per Capita Adult (Voluntary)

To receive future per capita payments minors turning adult age must submit an adult per capita application to the Per Capita Office. The applicant must:

  • Be 18 years old by the ordinance Payment Date (Apr 30, Jul 31, Oct 31, Jan 31) and,
  • Meet the ordinance Application Deadline Date (Mar 15, Jun 15, Sep 15, or Dec 15) that is prior to the Payment Date.
  • A minor with a birthday between the Application Date and the Payment Date can apply even though s/he is 17 years old at the time.

B) Per Capita Minor Trust Account

Per capita payments to a minor’s trust account stop after the minor’s 18th birthday.To receive all the per capita trust fund monies from your account, the applicant must:

  • Be 18 years of age or older, and have graduated from high school or completed a GED program or,
  • Request funds when the adult has reached 21 years of age (no diploma or certificate required).

C) Apply for trust funds at age 21

  • Fill out the Trust Termination form
  • Attach copy of diploma or GED certificate- Submit to Providence First Trust.

Trust termination requests are processed once a quarter. Form and school document must be at the Providence offices on or before the last day of the calendar quarter. Per the Trust Guidelines, the Gila River Indian Community Council must approve all requests. When approved, your payment will be made in accordance with the per capita quarterly payment schedule (January, April, July, or October).